|HST Buffer Loco Add-On|
|Availability||Available from Steam|
|Scenarios||2 Career |
1 Free roam
During 1987, eight HST power cars were converted for use as Driving Vehicles with Class 91 locomotives during trials on the East Coast Main Line. The power cars were fitted with buffers and ‘Time Division Multiplex’ equipment that allowed them to directly control a Class 91, and were moved over to the ECML where they were used on workings with Class 89 and then Class 91 locomotives from London to Leeds. After the Mk 4 stock had been delivered, the HST power cars had the TDM equipment removed, and then reverted to their normal duties. The power cars used for this project can be easily identified as they are still fitted with buffers. They were then transferred to Cross Country services, and put in storage when Virgin replaced their HST fleet with Bombardier's Voyager. Grand Central purchased six of these to operate services from Sunderland to London.
- High Speed Train set including Class 43 power cars, TSRB, TSO, and FO.
- InterCity Swallow (both yellow front and standard power cars)
- Virgin Trains unbranded
- Grand Central unbranded
- It's Snow Good - Drive the HST Buffers set from York to Darlington. It's snowing so expect surprises along the way.
- The Grander Central - Drive the HST Buffers to York from Northallerton.
- Free Roam at Darlington - Pick a train by clicking on it, and then explore the route.